Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Really?! 5 More Weeks!?!

So, at this point it's really more like 4 weeks, but whatever...this is my 35 week post! I am so ready for this baby to be out of my body! I can only imagine how miserable the next few weeks will be. My whole body feels puffy and full. I've been really concerned about getting my wedding band off because my fingers stay pretty swollen. I thought it might be easier to try in the morning as soon as I got up because maybe they wouldn't be as big...WRONG! Handsoap, dishsoap, and Windex were all tried to no avail. So Tuesday afternoon I was looking down at my hands and they actually looked smaller, which was weird since I'd worked all day. So I was able to get it off with some soap. Thank the Lord! I do, however, still have an indention in my finger from my band. I can't believe I actually got it off!

I'm hoping at this point that Reese will not really get any bigger, just a little more plump (maybe...he probably doesn't really need to get much more plump!). I feel like my midsection is so full of baby that my organs can hardly function. However, one positive is that I've dropped so I can breath a lot easier, my stomach doesn't get as full as quickly, and the heartburn has subsided more. The down side is that his head (doc confirmed he is head down) is now full force on my bladder, so trips to the bathroom are much more frequent. It can really make for a long night! I feel really bad for Cameron because when I get up in the night, it takes me forever to get in a comfortable position. Literally, it takes me about 2 solid minutes after laying back down to get my pillows, my head, and my body situated, so I know I'm probably annoying him to death. He'd never admit it, though. Usually when I come home from work, I crash on the sofa and inevitably fall asleep. I kinda feel like a zombie most evenings! But, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as work goes. I'm working next week and then only afternoons the week after that and then it's sianara till January. Cameron and my mother are worried that I'm pushing myself too hard, but I can't just abandon my patients and have some loose ends to tie up.

I had a doctor's appointment on Monday that was really irritating (in case you haven't noticed, I think my hormones have finally turned me a little mean and irritable). We waited for probably 45 minutes before we were called back and our time with Dr. Paul was maybe 5 minutes. I think he secretly likes when I come in. Since I've had such an easy time, my appointments don't need to last very long, so he just preezes in and out. But seriously this last time I felt so rushed, like I couldn't even ask any questions. He confirmed that I have dropped, but as far as I know that doesn't mean anything really. He told me he wanted to see me back in a week, maybe a little longer, but after next week it's supposed to be every week. So, my appointment was made and when I got home I realize it had been made for over 2 weeks later! Uh...that'll only be 2.5 weeks before I'm due...probably should come in before then. So I called and made another appointment. He's supposed to do my Group B-Strep test next visit and he'll probably check to see if I'm at all dilated. Still no word as to whether he'll want another ultrasound. He made it sound like we'd play it by ear.




This is from 33 weeks...same outfit, so I thought it would be good comparsion to see that I've dropped.

35 weeks...please excuse from the neck up...looking a little rough these days!

Close up!

Just in case you haven't noticed the trend...I live in these shorts! They are really comfortable and still fit. Well, I'm looking forward to the weekend and getting some rest. As of today, I give myself 3 more weeks...we'll see!

1 comment: