Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Best Husband Award

I know that most wives out there consider their husbands to be the best, sweetest, cutest husband in the world. But, I'm gonna have to beg to differ, because mine pretty much takes the cake. I am a little biased, but I truly have hit the husband jackpot when it comes to Cameron. And this is not a recent development. We have been married almost 2 years (I guess I could have made this an anniversary post, but he's just so dang sweet, I didn't want to wait) and together for 5 1/2. And he has spoiled me and doted on me the entire time. He doesn't just take care of me because he feels obligated to...he genuinely wants to take care of me and finds joy in doing so (most of the time anyway). He not only treats me this way, but he extends this to other women, too. He is a good son, grandson, son-in-law, brother, brother-in-law and just general good human being. However, he has taken it above and beyond during this pregnancy. We have both been working full time throughout the pregnancy and both work pretty hard. Cameron drives 20 minutes both ways for work, so he usually doesn't get home until after 6. But, without fail, he comes home, cooks supper and cleans up afterward, all while I sit with my feet propped up. Every now and then I'll get a wild hair and fix supper, but he does it 95% of the time. He has been to almost every doctor's appointment with me, even the little check-ups. He is very concerned about my well-being and Reese's well-being. He is constantly telling me how I am already such a good Mommy to Reese and that he is so excited about the addition to our family. He has put up with me and my hormones (which of course, I don't think have been too bad) like a champ and I love him more and more all the time. He likes to surprise me with treats sometimes too, whether it be flowers, a good kind of dessert, or just something little I said I wanted. Today I had kind of a strange day. I felt a little off this afternoon and my blood pressure was a little high (for me) and my heartrate has been elevated. I told him about how I was feeling and he immediately commanded me to sit on the sofa and to only get up to go to the bathroom. When he got home from work, he had the most beautiful flowers for me. A mixture of lillies, gladiolas, and calla lillies (on of my favorites). He said he got them for me because I didn't feel good. It's the little things like that that make me realize how lucky I am to be married to someone as wonderful as Cameron. He is going to be a wonderful father and will set such a good example for Reese on how to be a loving, honorable, fantastic man.
My beautiful flowers

1 comment: