Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Adventures in Nurseryland, Part 2 - A Work in Progress

Like I said earlier, we had a very busy weekend last weekend. Our biggest accomplishment was getting the nursery painted. And we got the nursery painted because our bedding finally came in! We decided on yellow, which I am really loving. It's so bright and cheerful and looks so great with the furniture and the bedding. I'm very happy with the way things are looking so far. Cameron worked really hard to get it done and he essentially did it with no help. My Dad helped him move some of the furniture but other than that, he did everything by himself! We don't have anything to go on the walls yet, but we have ideas of what we're going to do. Cameron and I were born in the same hospital, which also happens to be the same hospital I will deliver Reese. Back when we were born, all the newborns got little t-shirts that say "Life Begins at Coliseum", mine in pink and his in blue (I actually still have mine!). So we thought it would be cute if we framed our pictures and then added one of Reese in his t-shirt. So, that's one idea for one wall (probably the one above the changing table). My mother is going make letters spelling his name for above the crib. The last thing we have planned is a picture of our animals. There is a local artist that has long ties to my family and she is going to paint a whimsical picture of Ella and Carter. I think it's going to be really cute! Well, without further ado, here are some pictures of the nursery so far!

The view from the door. It's kinda awkard to get the whole room in one picture because of the size of the room. On a side note, the piece of furniture we are using as the changing table is a vanity (sans mirror) from the bedroom set Cameron's grandparents bought when they first got married. We found the receipt in the drawer of the dresser and I think they paid like $50 for the bed, vanity, and dresser...pretty cool!

The view from beside the changing table. We obviously have not organized the bookcase yet!


This is a close-up of the bedding, which really doesn't do it justice. You can't see the colors very well in the picture, but I promise it's cute. Come visit if you don't believe me!

A little better view of the bumpers. The stuffed cow is a present from my Dad. I think it looks like a hedgehog, but we were told it was a cow!



Everything is coming along nicely. Now all we need is a mattress, stuff on the wall, and Reese!

2 comments:

  1. Katie,

    I love the nursery pics! We are going to use the same colors for our little boy with yellow walls. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! love the yellow color with the dark furniture and blue bedding! can't wait to see the animal painting! be sure to post a pic!

    awesome job cameron!

    ReplyDelete