Sunday, August 9, 2009

Getting Educated

Well, I don't know if I would go so far as to say I'm an expert in childbirth now, but I'm pretty dang close. KIDDING!!! Cameron and I went to Macon twice this week for three different classes held at the hospital. Thursday was our Childbirth Preparedness class. It was pretty much pointless except for a tour of the maternity floor, but at least they were free. The rooms look pretty nice and they are all private. You have the labor, delivery, and recovery rooms and then I will be moved to a separate postpartum room, which I think I'm going to like better than staying in the same room the whole time. Something about moving rooms will make me feel, I don't know...more clean, maybe. In the class they briefly went over relaxation techniques and different stages of labor, but nothing in too much detail. We did get a couple of good books that seem like they have some good information. However, I do realize that I will probably forget what I learned and nature will take it's course and I'll have the baby anyway.

Saturday we went back up to Macon for two classes, a morning breastfeeding class and an afternoon infant care class. The information in these classes was much better and more informative. The care class was actually taught by the pediatrician we have chosen to use, so it was nice to kind of get a feel for him! He came highly recommended by my friend Kathryn and I can see why.

All of the classes made me all the more excited and ready for Reese to get here. I am starting to get nervous about L & D, but I know the end result will be worth it. We only have 6 weeks left! Here are a couple of 34 week belly pictures...enjoy! I feel like a whale...


This picture kinda cracks me up because my head looks kinda little compared to the rest of my body.



Obligatory close-up

2 comments:

  1. wow! you grew! :) look great though!

    i would have LOVED to see cameron's face in the childbirth class that patrick and i went to...and then his comments afterward would be even better. :) hilarious. we only went to one out of 8. that's how awesome it was. :)

    anyway...lookin' great! can't wait to hear about the shower this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post - pictures of childbirth ..Keep Posting


    Ron
    pictures of childbirth

    ReplyDelete