Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving



Well, I know this is a little late, but we had a very busy, packed holiday week(end). Cameron was off for almost a week, which was fabulous. My sister was home for almost a week, which was equally as fabulous. So, this Thanksgiving we were with my family. It was Cameron, Reese, my parents, my sister, my grandmother, and me. We had enough food to feed an army. It was wonderful. Cameron and I tried to be good, but of course we went over our points, but we knew we would!

***SIDE NOTE***
Cameron and I started WW back two weeks ago. So far, so good. I get lots of extra points for nursing, so that helps me not be hungry. So far I've lost about 8 lbs in two weeks! Not too bad.

Okay, back to Thanksgiving. It was great to hang out with Emmie so much and for her to see Reese. She hasn't seen him since he was three weeks old and he has changed so much. He's like a whole different baby!

Cameron absolutely loves this time of year and was super excited about getting our trees and decorating for Christmas. So, on Black Friday while all the crazy people were out at the butt crack shopping, we were getting our trees! Sunday we went to Cochran to visit with Cameron's grandparents and parents. Reese got to meet his great-great-Aunt Opal and his great-aunt Shirley.
I have so much to be thankful for this year. So, here is a tribute of things I'm thankful for.

My husband...I am so thankful the Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful husband. He truly is my soulmate and best friend. He has been so great throughout this whole pregnancy and while I find my footing as a mother. He is such a fabulous father to Reese and I am more in love with him everyday.



My family...from my immediate family, to my extended family, to my "in-law" family, everyone has been so excited and supportive about the pregnancy and having a baby in the family. I couldn't ask for a better family.



My friends...I love and miss my friends so much. I don't have anyone that lives here (in Fort Valley) but I do have friends that live in Macon and for that I am thankful. The rest of them are spread out anywhere from the metro Atlanta area, Savannah, Augusta, Lookout Mountain, and as far as Australia. I am so fortunate to have friends from every stage of my life: growing up, college, and dental school. I don't know if there are too many people who can say they have the same friends they had when they were in utero!




And last, but certainly not least, my precious Reese...I am sooooo thankful for my beautiful, healthy baby boy. He is perfect in every way and has been such a sweet, good baby. I am so fortunate that he is healthy and that I had a relatively easy pregnancy. Reese is such a blessing and I thank God every day that he is a part of my life.



I hope eveyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The countdown is on till Christmas! I've got some shopping to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment