Saturday, November 7, 2009

6 Weeks and Possibly a Good Sleeper?!

Well, I'm hoping that Reese is developing some good nighttime sleeping habits. He's been going from about 10pm-4:30am the past couple of nights...over 6 hours!! So, if we can get that chunk of time moved from like 1-7 then we'll be golden! He's still having a little bit of an issue with daytime sleep. I'm still trying to learn his sleep cues and sometimes think I'm letting him get overtired so then he fusses and doesn't want to go to sleep. Sometimes he'll cry for a few minutes and konk out, other times he has to be rocked to sleep. He's starting to nurse for longer during the day so maybe he's gearing up for longer chunks at night?! One can only hope!



I can't believe he's 6 weeks old. I know I say "I can believe he's fill-in-the-blank" but I really just can't! He squealed for the first time on Saturday. I'm not sure if he did it on purpose or if it was just a fluke, but I'll take it! When he is so awake and alert it's very easy to get him to smile really big smiles. It's quite hilarious that the thing that really gets him going is the theme song from Friends. If he could laugh at me, he probably would. His little personality is just really starting to show. He was even cheering on the Dawgs Saturday even though they got smacked by FL (boo Gators!). He had fun, though! We didn't really dress him up for Halloween this year, although he did have a ghost onesie and a Baby's First Halloween outfit that we put on him. It swallowed him up! I think he is gaining weight pretty good and he is so long. He loves to just stretch out when you lay him on his changing table. We think he has outgrown the food scale because between him and casserole dish, it says "error"...there's an 11lb max. I'll try to weigh him with me on the scale soon. He doesn't go back to the doctor till December 9th, so we got awhile before we get an accurate measurement.
I had my 6 week postpartum check up today and everything is looking good. I don't have to go back unless something comes up. My mastitis is much better. Pretty much cleared up and hopefully that'll be the end of it. Overall I'm feeling pretty good!
On another note, we got our birth announcements in the mail today and I was so excited to see them. They are cute, but the finish on them makes them look cheap, which they weren't. It's almost like the finish on them isn't like a photograph, so the picture part looks like it was printed on card stock. Meaning there's no gloss or shine to it like a picture. We ordered them from Shutterfly so I was a little disappointed with the quality. We decided to send them back because we were just not happy with them. They are going to try to reprint them or give us a refund. We'll see how it turns out...we might be starting from square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment