Tuesday, November 17, 2009

7 Weeks

Well, 7 weeks have come and gone and in another 7 weeks, I have to go back to work. I'm kinda sad about that! Reese is so much more alert than he was even a week ago. He "talks" all the time and just acts like he really has something important to say. He's making sounds such as "ahh, ehh, gah, geh, goo, and oh". I've even caught him laughing a couple of times! He is such a happy baby! He looks like he is in deep thought in this picture! As best I can guess he weighs around 10.5lbs (I weighed myself and then weighed myself holding him...I know, it's very scientific). We also graduated from newborn to size 1 diapers. He has settled pretty well into a rhythm and handles himself okay when that rhythm gets thrown off. He pretty much gets up between 7-7:30am, nurses, plays, and then goes down for a nap, napping anywhere from 2 hours to only 45 minutes (depends on how fussy he is). He repeats this pretty much every three hours until "bedtime" at around 7:30. He gets up for a "dreamfed" around 10-10:30 and then goes right back down to sleep. Even if he's wide awake, which he is a lot of the time, we'll put him back in his basket and he'll just look around for a while until he falls asleep. Although, Cameron and I usually beat him to the Land of Nod, so I have no idea how long he stays awake. He doesn't cry, so I don't worry about it! After that he's usually up between 3 and 4 am to nurse and goes right back down. Then we do it all again the next day! I love the mornings the best because that's when he is the most alert and happy. He still gets kinda fussy in the afternoons and evenings sometimes, but he rarely cries when we put him down and if he does it isn't for very long. He is starting to like his bed and room more and more. He will just lay there with his eyes open and look around until we come get him (if it's time to get up) or until he falls asleep. Reese is such a joy to be around and I am loving being his Mommy!

By the way...mastitis strikes again! I'm pretty sure I've got it in the left breast this time. It feels the same as the right did and I'm running a very low grade temperature. I'm hoping they will just call me in the meds instead of making me come in and wait 2.5 hours to be seen for 5 minutes. Anywhoo...

3 comments:

  1. sorry cameron....but he looks JUST LIKE KATIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is so cute!!! glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo! I wanted to let you know that I check your blog everyday! I can't usually comment because I am always on my itouch, so just know that I am keeping up. Reese is just a freakin' dollface!!! I can't wait to meet him and introduce him to his girlfriend, Ryals. Her hair is redish!!!

    ReplyDelete