Tuesday, November 17, 2009

29 and Holding...

This past Saturday was my birthday and unlike previous years, the build-up to the big day was non-existent. My parents used to always make such a big deal out of our birthdays that I have been obnoxiously excited about my birthday ever since I can remember. I'm talking starting Oct 14 at the latest I'm always saying "my birthday is in one month!" and it just gets worse the closer it gets (I know, what am I? 5 years old?!). I assume the excitement will go away after this year. I turned 29, or as I like to say, 29 and holding. This year, however, with the excitement of having a newborn (can I still call him a newborn at 7 weeks?) it kind of slipped up on me this year. And with my head being in a continuous fog, I was zero help coming up with gift ideas. My poor mother had to use a couple of things she'd gotten me for Christmas as my birthday gift because I was no help...oops!

My weekend was very busy with lots of visitors, phone calls, and texts. Not to mention the all important college football! Cameron really outdid himself pampering me and making me wonderful meals all weekend. Saturday he made me breakfast and dinner. My good friend Carolyn came down from ATL to hang out with us and meet Baby Reese, so we went out to lunch (but if we'd been home, I'm sure Cameron would have made that for me, too). Cameron's Dad and step-mom came over Saturday morning to see me...oh who am I kidding?! They came to see Reese! So, Sunday my parents, Cameron's mom and step-dad and grandparents came to celebrate. Cameron made brunch for us all. It was yummy! He also gave me the most beautiful flowers, made me a cupcake cake, and gave me a beautiful bracelet. Reese gave me a gift certificate for a massage (he told me he picked it out himself). I really racked up for someone who gave no one any ideas! I got a necklace and wine, money, a cute purse and wallet, a certificate for a spa pedicure, picture frames, socks, and a new dual tuner TiVo (so excited!) Of course my greatest gift came almost 7 weeks before my birthday. I thoroughly enjoyed my first birthday as a Mommy and look forward to many more!

1 comment:

  1. wow. you really did rack up! geez! sounds more like Christmas!!!

    hope it was great!!!

    ReplyDelete