Thursday, September 3, 2009

Quick Update

Went and saw Dr. Paul this morning. By the way...his name is not actually Dr. Paul...it's Dr. Paul Roddenberry but he, his twin brother Eric, and their dad are all in the same practice so it can get kind of confusing! Anyway...my ultrasound looked good again today. Cameron was not able to go with me because he just couldn't take off work (I mean, I am going twice a week, so it is a little unreasonable for him to come with me every time), so my mom went with me. The ultrasound is for something called a biophysical profile of the baby to make sure the baby is not under any kind of stresss and is developing and thriving. In order for everything to be considered normal, you have to get 6 out of 8 points. The past two times we've gotten 8 out of 8, so everything is great with Reese. I did get to see a 3D of his sweet little face and let me tell you...it is not so little! He has the most pinchable, kissable cheeks! My mom asked Dr. Paul if I was going to be able to deliver a 10 lb baby...his response? (Laughing) "We'll find out!" Gee, thanks Dr. Paul! My BP was pretty good today at 136/92. It has kind of stabalized. Also, my urinalysis came back fine. He said the number (for whatever it is they are measuring) that would be cause for concern is anything above 300. Mine was 116, so that's well within normal. So, since I do not have any significant traces of protein in my urine the diagnosis stands at pregnancy induced hypertension. Basically we're gonna keep trucking and continue to monitor me twice a week. I probably won't update everytime unless something comes up.

Oh, today was my last afternoon as "Dr. Katie" until Januaury! YAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything is going well! Can't wait to see pictures of those cute pinchable cheeks! That's awesome that you are getting to take such a long maternity leave! Enjoy every minute of it with your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Reese is still cooking! I have faith you can push him out! He may not be as big as you think...

    ReplyDelete