Monday, September 14, 2009

No Progress...Reese Likes Living Inside My Belly

Well, I am 39 weeks and 1 day today. My due date in in 6 days. Things have really changed since I quit working. Meaning my blood pressure has continued to be lower than it was and I'm resting a little better. I'm still getting up several times a night, mind you, but I get to sleep later. So overall, I think I'm a happier pregnant lady. I'm still trying to get out and do something at least once a day even if it's just running to CVS or the grocery store. It kinda helps keep my mind off things.

I went to the doctor today. Still no progress. No dilation, no contractions, nothing. I'm trying not to get frustrated, but it's kinda hard not to. I realize I still have a week, but I'm ready, dang it! I guess I've just made too good a home for Reese in my belly. Dr. Paul wants to see me back in a week, so I go back on Monday. Oh, and he'll be on vacation...awesome! He won't be back till Sunday night the 27th. Which, he'll then proceed to induce my labor if I haven't had the baby by then. Did I mention he is going to be on vacation next week? I guess it's not really that big of a deal, since I haven't had a difficult pregnancy, but it would be nice to have my doctor actually deliver the baby. The ultrasound showed everything was still great with Reese. He is doing fine and in no distress at all. There is still plenty of amniotic fluid, he is moving like crazy, and is practicing his breathing movements. I'll try to keep everyone up to speed as things develop. We may have a stubborn child on our hands!


39 Weeks...couldn't do the face this week...just too yuck!

4 comments:

  1. I know you are getting anxious! I remember that final week! I thought I was going to go slap crazy!!! My best friend drank casteroil (sp). Next thing she knew, she was in labor! She said it was absolutely disgusting...but it works. I'm thinking about you. I'm so happy for you...but still can't believe you are about to have a baby!! Love ya! ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie. Don't know if you remember me or not, but we went to school together. I also worked for your husband, almost 2 years ago now. I just read your blog, and think it is the neatest. When I became pregnant with my second, I was working for Dr. Hayslip, and at about 3 months I started having really high blood pressure, and panic attacks. It became really difficult for me to work without almost falling out. So, to make a long story short, I quit working. Staying at home being pregnant was fun, but I know what you mean about being impatient. Since my first child was born almost 5 weeks early, at about 35 weeks with Kohen, I became very restless, and remained on my toes until 39 weeks when they delivered by c-section. It was scheduled, so waiting was more difficult. You mentioned how much better you feel since leaving work. I too understand that as well. As soon as I left and became a home body, my BP dropped drastically. I was a brand new woman. LOL It's amazing how stressful a dental office can be. Again, LOL. I'm glad to hear that you are doing great, and enjoyed the nursery pictures. It is so fun finding new things for Kohens nursery. He will be 8 months on the 19th of this month, and being able to still remain home with him is truly a blessing. I still call my self finishing up his nursery by the way. I keep finding new things, and just put up a new window treatment, because I didn't like the last. LOL Anyways, don't want to keep you, just thought I would comment on your blog. I requested your friendship on FB, and I still see your postings, but can't respond to them. That is how I found this web page. Well, take care, and I sure do hope that everything "comes out okay" with your delivery. Congratulation!!!!
    Jennifer "Elliott" Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie:
    I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope Reese decides to come earlier than later. I love reading your blog, it has been nice to read what someone else is going through several weeks before I get there. Please keep us updated, can't wait to see baby pictures!!!
    Love, Emily Haley

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey katie! don't fret! i know its hard, though. i remember being VERY ready! remember that, usually, a due date is just an estimation ...can be off (plus or minus) by up to 2 weeks! not to freak you out...just remember that he'll come when he's good and cooked. thinking of you and cameron....can't wait for the news!

    the nursery looks GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete