Tuesday, September 8, 2009

38 Weeks and Still Cooking

Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to post after every doctor's visit, but this one was good, so I thought I'd update. It was good because my blood pressure is lower. It was only 136/88 so that's the first time in two weeks both numbers have been below the "cause for concern" number (which is 140/90). So instead of going back in two days, he doesn't want to see me back until Monday (which, by the way, is 6 days from now and 6 days before I'm due). Maybe I'm more relaxed because I've quit working. Cameron seems to think I'm resting better because of that. The one downside of my appointment is that I'm still not showing any progression as far as dilation. Dr. Paul and I both are not interested in doing an early induction unless I'm favorable, which I'm not right now. He said it would make for a long, hard labor. So, we're just biding our time and letting nature take it's course. If I reach and/or pass my due date, then we'll talk induction. The ultrasound showed Reese to be thriving in my belly (maybe it's too comfortable?!). He is doing great practicing his breathing movements and his heart was just going to town (138 BPM). The tech said he weighed in at about 7lbs 9oz, which is somewhat of a relief cuz I was expecting at least 8lbs by this point. She said if she had to put money on it, she say he was going to be about 8 1/2 lbs. So, maybe he won't be a 10 pounder! I am very blessed to have had it so easy thus far and just pray it continues through L & D. I need to just be patient and know that he'll come when he's ready and I need to just not worry about it! Easier said than done! I'm posting the 38 week pictures, which don't really look too different from the previous ones. But, I've included my face since I caught some flack for not doing so last time (Meaghan!).
Cameron, bless his heart, was like "that one's good!" Thanks, honey!
Close-up...looks like my belly is about to fall off!

1 comment:

  1. MUCH better to see your face and not just a floating-in-the-air belly! :) you look great!!

    you are wise to try to wait for things to happen naturally...i learned that the hard way (although, i didn't have many options in residency!!)....just WAIT as long as you can...it will go much better if the timing is on his terms instead of yours!! ;)

    glad to hear you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete