Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lost and Found

I feel like my blog should be called lost and found!! I have been so slack, but I really do have a good reason. We are still unpacking. I am going to do Reese's 7 month pics tonight and do a post about him soon...promise. And I promise I'm going to post some pictures of the new house. But don't judge me...there is nothing up on the walls and boxes are still everywhere. Anyway, so back to the purpose of this post.


When I was 21 my parents gave me a pair of diamond stud earrings. I can't say I was super shocked because my sister got the same thing when she turned 21. Being that I am a second daughter, I couldn't do anything before Emmie had been allowed to do it. Examples: couldn't get my ears pierced till a certain age because that's when Emmie did it, couldn't shave my legs till a certain age because that's when Emmie did it, couldn't watch Dirty Dancing till a certain age...you get the picture. So, one day a few years later, after an incident in which I swear my sister's new puppy, Zoe, ate one of my earrings, one of the earrings turned up missing. We looked everywhere (and I mean everywhere!) but to no avail. So, I hung on to the other one for a couple of years after which my parents had pity on me and gave me a replacement earring for Christmas. Fastforward a couple years to the summer I got married.


About 6 weeks before the big day I was in a hurry getting ready for something and was looking for my earrings. (Let me just say that I did wear my earrings everyday, but I took them off at night so they wouldn't dig into the side of my neck. I also really valued my earrings, but those of you who know me, especially when I was younger, know that I haven't always been the most responsible person.) I couldn't find them anywhere. I tore my room apart looking for them but they never turned up. I was heartbroken and felt like I completely let my parents down. Fastforward to last week.


Last weekend, my dad and I were putting the crib at their house together (they finally got one...only took 7 months!). Reese was spending the night with them and we were trying to get it done. I dropped the allen wrench under the bed and my dad was blindly looking for it. He felt something and said "what is this?!" He then proceeded to hold up one of my long lost earrings. They were smushed in the carpet pressed against the foot of the bed. How they didn't get vacuumed up, I don't know. I still can't believe almost three years later my earrings turned up. Anyway, sorry to bore you with this random story, but I thought it was kinda funny and interesting. Promise to update soon with Reese pics and info, cuz let's be honest...that's really why you continue to read the blog, right!?!

1 comment:

  1. HOW cool is that! That's better than finding a wadded up bill in a jacket or pair of pants from last season! Glad you found them!

    ReplyDelete