Monday, May 3, 2010

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watchin' Me...

The video monitor is a blessing and a curse. It's a curse because sometimes I think Reese will be peacefully sleeping in his crib, but when I flip the screen on to "check" on him, he's wide awake just laying there. Well, then I feel like I need to mess with him (although I am getting better about that) so I do, and then he won't go back to sleep. This occurs mostly during naptime. It's kinda funny because a few times when I've looked at him he is staring back at me as though he knows I'm watching him! It is a blessing because I can see him without actually going in there to peek at him. Most of the time it's a good thing! So, last night, Cameron and I were sitting on the sofa and Reese had been asleep for a couple of hours. We saw the lights start blinking so I turned the screen on the check on him. In his sleep he was twisting all around looking for his pacifier. We've gotten smart about putting multiple pacis in so he's sure to find one. He finally got his hands on one and brought it to his mouth but tried to put it in sideways so it fell out. That just ticked him off so he flopped around some more and got hold of it once again and got it put in straight. After which, he was happy and settled back into a good slumber. Cameron and I watched the whole thing on the tiny screen on the monitor. I was amazed because he had his eyes closed the whole time. Babies are so incredible!

1 comment:

  1. too funny! i love love love the video monitor. we have been using a paci-clip for both boys and they are wonderful because all they have to do is look for the attachment and voila! he's so delish.

    ReplyDelete