Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Struggling

Well, the day I've been dreading has come and gone...yesterday was my first day back at work. When I started dental school I was totally resentful of people who had a negative attitude torward female dentists. Not all of them only practice for 10-15 years and quit just because they have kids. But, man do I totally get it now! I missed Reese so much yesterday, but I really wasn't that emotional about it because he was with his Daddy all day. Here's how it's gonna work. Reese will be at home with Daddy on Mondays (unless Cameron randomly has to work), he'll be with G-Mommy on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and with Mommy on Wednesdays and Fridays. So I think because he's familiar with everyone he'll be fine. Honestly, I think yesterday was more rough for Reese than me. It's amazing to me how babies know something is not quite right. Cameron said he was just kinda cranky all day and he didn't nap very well, waking several times during each nap, which he rarely does. We had an hour and a half struggle at bedtime because he would just not settle down and go to sleep. It was very disheartening! But, I can't say I'm surprised. He's been used to his Mommy being there all day every day of his life and this was the longest he'd been away from me. And then he fussed twice in the middle of the night and woke up at 6 wanting to eat. Needless to say I was tired this morning...and I had to go work all day! It's hard being a working mom, that's for sure...but those student loans aren't goint to pay themselves off! Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment