Monday, January 11, 2010

15 Weeks!

Wow...Little Man is a whopping 15 weeks old! I honestly don't know where the time is going. We are getting a little better with me being at work. He's not quite so grumpy, but my Mom has been coming to our house instead of me taking him there for now. We'll see how it goes this week to determine if we'll try her house next week. Cameron had to work today, so Mom's getting him three days this week! I think Reese is going through a growth spurt (or at least coming off of one). By my calculations, which are not the most scientific, he weighs around 13.5 lbs and is almost 24 inches long. He's long and lean! Speaking of weight...I have lost 15 lbs since starting Weight Watchers again. It's been two months, so I think I'm doing pretty well! I had already lost about 20-25 lbs before we started, but I still have a long way to go! Back to Reese...in addition to the growth spurt, I think he's ready to start extending his time between feeds and extending his wake time. I think we're about to go from three 1.5 hr naps to two 2 hr naps and one 30-45 minutes nap. I found this book I really like called "The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems". She follows the same principles as Babywise (Eat, Play, Sleep) but she is much easier to read and more matter-of-fact and helpful. I highly recommend it! Anyway...we're starting our transition today. He has been on a 3.5 hr routine, which he went to naturally. He has started to wake up early into his naps and won't go back to sleep, wake at the same time in the "middle" of the night (read: 5:15-5:30am) and has not seemed quite so famished when I get ready to feed him. Don't get me wrong, he's still a little piggy! According to the Baby Whisperer, those are all signs your baby is ready to transition to a 4 hour rountine, where they go 4 hours between feeds. This usually happens around the 4 month mark.
Aside from the issues we're having with so many new things happening at once, Reese is such a joy to be around. As soon as he gets done nursing the first thing he does (after he realizes he is full) is look up at his Mommy and grin! He pretty much keeps grinning the rest of the day. He loves playing peek-a-boo, singing with Mommy, and looking at the ceiling fan. Reese has gotten really good at reaching for things and grabbing onto the rings of his bouncy seat and batting at his "friends" on his play gym. He's almost getting big enough to carry on my hip, but he's not quite there yet. I can't believe how fast my Little Man is growing up!


Hey Mommy!



You make me smile!

1 comment: