Saturday, January 30, 2010

Big News!!!

No, I am not pregnant again...

We bought a house!!!

We are so excited about it! For the longest time we were set on moving to Macon. However, since we've had Reese it just made more sense for us to stay a little closer to our jobs. We had a target neighborhood in a little unincorporated town called Kathleen. It's in Houston County kind of between Warner Robins and Perry. So, it's about 15 minutes for each of us to get to work...maybe a little less for Cameron. We have been waiting for that one great deal and let me tell you...we got it! Apparently the person who lived in the house was involved in some torrid love triangle and was caught in an affair with a married woman. The scorned husband killed his wife, the man, and then himself...I swear I am not making this up! (Don't worry, no blood was shed in our house) So, the owner left the house to his brother, who has been so desperate to sell the house, which has been on the market for over a year, that he jumped at our offer. We closed on Wednesday, so it's officially ours!

We are so excited, but I'm a little sad at the same time. I will be sad to not live in this house anymore. This is the house my grandparents built and raised their family in. I spent much of my childhood at this house and it holds so many memories of my grandparents. My dad was 6 months old when they moved in to this house. I climbed the ginko tree in the front yard probably hundreds if not thousands of times. I hunted many Easter eggs in the back yard. This was the first house Cameron and I lived in as husband and wife. This was the house we brought our firstborn home to. It's always only been in my family and us not living here really makes it all the more real that Granny and Papa are really gone. It may be a little ranch house on the square, but it's been a good house and I'm gonna miss it a little bit.

There are, however, many things I will not miss. I will not miss having a teeny bathroom with a teeny tub and no shower. Our new bathroom has a huge two person soaking jetted tub and his and hers vanities. I will not miss the cat's litter box being in one of the bathrooms. I will not miss the laundry being in the kitchen. I will not miss the kitchen. Our new kitchen is ginormous and there's a seperate laundry room! We also have two huge his and hers closets in the master. This may the thing Cameron is the most excited about. Since Reese came along he doesn't really have any closet space. We have a little work to do, but it's pretty much ready for us! We are still have some issues with our photoshop, so as soon as it gets fixed I'm gonna put up a picture!

4 comments:

  1. That is SO EXCITING! I can't wait to see picures. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very exciting! cant wait to see a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats y'all! cant wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and you forgot to mention another great thing about the house is that it's in our neighborhood! when do you move in????

    ReplyDelete