Monday, December 7, 2009

2 Month Well-Baby Check Up

Reese had his two month well baby check up today! He had to get his first round of shots...five total! He was so pitiful, but only cried for a couple of minutes. The doc said basically he is right where he needs to be. Reese weighs 11lbs 10 ozs, is 22.5 inches long, and his big ol' noggin is 15.5 inches around. Dr. C continued to be impressed with Reese's strength (he had commented on how strong Reese was when he was three weeks old). We go back in two months.
I have been having a bit of an issue with mastitis again. It was in the right breast again. I am very frustrated and am not too sure why I keep getting it. But I've had it three times in one month. This time I started feeling better the next day and didn't even have a fever for 24 hours. So I decided to wait it out to see if it would resolve without antibiotics. My doctor called me in some anyway just in case my fever returned, which thankfully it didn't. I really want to keep breastfeeding for another couple of months, but if I keep getting mastitis every other week then I may not be able to. Reese is doing fine though, so it is not affecting him. He is gaining adequate weight and dirtying up plenty of diapers! So, I'll try to stick it out for his benefit.
We only have a 18 more days till Christmas! I've got some shopping to do. Well, first I have to figure out what to shop for. But, we're starting to get out more, so it should be no big deal to take Reese with me. I've already nursed him in the car (don't worry, I'm not driving...or moving!) a few times and it's fine. We are so looking forward to our first Christmas as parents. And even though Reese won't remember it, Cameron and I will!

1 comment:

  1. Good to see an update! :) He is SUPER cute! Definitely your baby....sorry Cameron! ;)

    Sorry to hear about the mastitis- that stinks. But, like you said, it seems he's doing well. Hopefully that will resolve. :(

    Love the stocking pic!

    ReplyDelete