Monday, December 14, 2009

11 Weeks!

Reese is 11 weeks old today! That means I only have three more weeks to be home with him before I have to go back to work. I'm very sad about that. But, as I've probably said before, it's only 3 days a week for now, so that makes it a little more bearable. Reese has changed so much in the past couple of weeks, I feel like he changes daily. I haven't weighed him since his doctor's appointment, but he feels heavier. The doctor said 12 lbs was the magic weight where babies started sleeping longer at night. But I think the "longer" part is what Reese is already doing, which is 6-7 hours. I am still having to get up between 4:30-5:30 but I just put his paci in and he's good. He's been doing it since right before he was 8 weeks old. Since then I've only had to nurse him maybe three times before his usually waketime. I really think if I just left him alone when he does wake up, he'd go back to sleep because his eyes are always closed when I go in there. I just don't like listening to him! And I don't want him to wake up Cameron because it's usually not too long before he has to get up anyway. I know, I'm so thoughtful. Reese and I usually stay up for about an hour and fifteen minutes first thing in the morning, including nursing, and then we both go back to bed for about an hour and a half. We're still on a pretty regular 3-3:30 hour schedule during the day. He is such a little piggy, too. He knows when he is positioned to nurse that the milk is coming and he starts grunting. He knows I nurse him on both sides every time and yet he pitches a fit when I switch him like he's gonna starve! Cameron told him last night he was only half-redheaded but had a full redheaded temper. Reese has become fascinated with his hands and loves staring at them and putting them in his mouth. He has become so much more vocal, too. He talks to his bouncy seat friends and the friends he has on his floor gym. Of course his favorite things to talk to are Mommy and Daddy. His smile melts my heart and I'm just waiting on him to laugh on a regular basis. I can feel his whole body tense up when he opens his mouth and smiles really big, but nothing comes out! Soon, though. They just grow up so fast. I mean, he's already reading (see pic below)...kidding!

I'm doing okay, but I am still recovering from my third (or fourth) bout of mastitis. I know I mentioned earlier that it resolved on it's own without antibiotics. Well, I don't think it did because a few days later I got a worse fever, chills, pain, blah, blah, blah. I'm so tired of dealing with it, but I'm sticking it out. We may have to re-evaluate when I go back to work and supplement with formula. We'll see! Well, I'll post some more pictures soon. We're having some issues with our Photoshop.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new pics! I can't believe how fast time flies!! Reese is such a cutie!! Good for you for sticking with the nursing! It will really help shed the baby weight if you stick with it long enough (even if you have to supplement some)! Plus, think of all the $ you are saving!!

    ReplyDelete