Monday, December 21, 2009

12 Weeks a Passin'


On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 12 weeks a passin'. Another week has flown by and Reese is twelve weeks old today. I am so amazed at how much he has changed in even a week. He is still not laughing, but oh he wants to so badly! Something new he is doing this week is deliberately reaching for things. When I put him on the floor with his little play gym he loves reaching for the yellow bug. He also is rolling to his side from his back sometimes, but not all the way over. And he hasn't rolled over from his tummy to his back again since the one time he did it twice almost two months ago. I "weighed" him a couple of days ago and he weighed 12.5lbs. As you can see, his little cheeks are getting so chunky. We've also been battling a nasty case of cradle cap. It doesn't seem to bother him, but it bothers me! Next week will be three months, so I'll have much more Reese news and pictures!

Our good friends, the Crofts, came to visit us yesterday. It was the first time they'd seen Reese. They have a two and a half year old son and he was so cute! He kept looking at Reese and saying "Baby Reese" and wanting to share his toys with him. However, when Ellison was holding Reese, Ethan ran over and said "my Mommy!" They used to live in Americus, which is 45 minutes away but now they live in Gainesville which is about 3 hours away. We miss them being so close! It was good to get to see them, though.

In other baby news, congrats to two of my college friends on the births of their boys. My friend Virginia had her son, Ashley, on December 15th and my other friend Emily had her son, Barnes, on December 19th. Congrats ladies (and Daddies). Little boys are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment