Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dream a Little Dream

As a general rule, I have really strange dreams. And they are so vivid and I remember them most of the time. It's really weird. So far I have not had very many baby dreams at all. I know they will come the further along I am. Lately I've been dreaming about school...mostly college. But friends from all aspects of my life are in them: high school, college, and dental school. I have no idea why I have been dreaming about school. It's not like I have any intention what-so-ever of returning to school. Going from the age of 5 straight through to age 26 was plenty for me, thank you! It might be because I just had my 5-year college reunion and am in the midst of planning my 10-year high school reunion. I don't know!

So I finally had a weird pregnancy dream. I dreamt that I was 9 months pregnant just waiting on the baby to make an appearance. I started having contractions. Well, they were pretty mild, but pretty steady. 51 hours later my water still had not broken. My husband was freaking out saying I needed to call the doctor, but I refused to do so until my water broke. (Now you may be saying "Katie, this sounds like a nightmare, not a dream!" which I agree, but the next part is what makes it a dream.) I had heard about this store that was a wine and dessert store. Obviously I couldn't have any wine, but there were cases of hundreds of gourmet desserts, which I could totally have! I waddled around looking at them all, just trying to figure out which one would make my water break so I could call the doctor. I was just having samples and lovin' it! And that was it. It was over. So random...the funny part is, I'm not even that big of dessert person. I'll eat it and I'll enjoy it, but I don't have to have it. I guess you could say I'm not very sweet! =) I'm sure they'll be plenty of even more weird baby dreams to come.

1 comment:

  1. I dreamed last night I was breastfeeding, among other crazy things!

    ReplyDelete