Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pictures, Hinman, Maternity Clothes, and Karaoke

So the good news is there was no tornado at Hinman this year! The weather was beautiful and I feel smarter for having attended. For my non-dental readers, Hinman is a huge dental meeting every year in Atlanta. There are literally thousands of people that attend. Last year, Mother Nature decided to throw us a curveball and send a tornado right through the conference center. Needless to say it was eventful. This year was pretty fun and I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while. We went out to dinner with a group of classmates and I actually hung in there and went out to the (non-smoking) bar afterward. Too bad I did, though, because my girlfriends made me karaoke! Which would have been way more fun had I had a little liquid encouragement. But me and the baby got up there and rocked out to "Goodbye Earl".

The bad news (because there wouldn't be good news only!) is that I won't be able to upload pictures for awhile because our computer at home died. We've been putting off buying a new one and finally decided to break down and do it before the old one died...well, it decided that would be too easy and went kaput when I tried to turn it on yesterday. So, I'll try to get some ultrasound pictures and my latest belly pictures posted. I took some on Sunday at 14 weeks and can't really tell a difference yet (maybe a little thicker, but no definite bump).

I had lunch with my girlfriend, Ashlee, yesterday, which was really nice because I haven't seen her since November. She has a precious little angel, Blair, that keeps her pretty busy (check out her blog at www.acrossthebranch.blogspot.com. It will really make you realize the miracles God is capable of doing). Aside from it just being great to catch up face to face, Ash loaned me a ton of maternity clothes. She's a little smaller than me, so I was happy that some of it actually fit my big ol' booty! Thanks, Ash! I haven't broken down and started wearing maternity stuff yet, so I'll just continue to cram myself in my "fat" jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment