Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jumping Bean

We had our second doctor's appointment yesterday and everything looks great! The doc said we are right on schedule. We had another ultrasound that was amazing! Last time, the baby just looked like a fuzzball. This time it actually looked like a baby. As soon as the technician put the wand thingy on my belly, the baby started moving. Then the baby started jumping...literally. He/she would kind of sink down a little and then just spring up off the side of my uterus. Then the baby would settle down again for a minute and then spring back up. He/she did that several times during the ultrasound. Cameron laughed and said if the baby was that jumpy now, imgaine how it was going to be at 7-8 months! I can just imagine my poor patients getting kicked in the head now! We were at the doctor a ridiculous amount of time...almost three hours. I was about to starve by the time we left. Probably one of the most amazing things (besides the jumping!) was actually hearing the heartbeat. We saw it again on the ultrasound (it was beating away at 159bpm) but then the doctor put the doppler my belly, but he couldn't find it at first. After a minute he found it. It was the most incredible sound I've ever heard. I don't think I've totally grasped the idea that this little baby is growing and living inside my belly! We got some really cute ultrasound pictures, so as soon as I figure out how to scan them in, I'll get a couple posted. I'll also post a 12 week belly shot. Still no really bump...just still looking kinda fat!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I learned that pretty quickly about waiting SOOOO long with every Dr. appt. I always bring a snack in my purse and a water bottle because they are never on time. But I love my doctor, so I guess it is worth it.

    Congratulations again guys!!! I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete