Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pollen is Not My Friend

Spring is blooming in full force. For the past week or so, I have felt like I have little bugs crawling around on the inside of my nose. This causes the feeling of constantly having to sneeze. Not fun. This is the first spring I've been through in at least ten years that I have not been on my allergy medication. The only thing I can take daily is Zyrtec. Well, I'm taking it, but I don't think it is doing a dang thing. My allergies and I have a love-hate relationship. Meaning I hate my allergies and they love to give me a hard time. When I was 18 I had surgery to clean out my sinuses and correct a deviated septum. My problems since then have been minute compared to what they were before my surgery. But, now with not being able to take my Astelin and Veramyst (oh, how I miss you!) I feel like I did before my surgery. My night-time routine has changed somewhat since getting pregnant. I squirt my nose with saline (instead of Afrin), slap on some Vick's vapor rub and stick on my breath-right strip. I'm sure my husband thinks I am a vision of pure sexiness. But hey, it helps me sleep through the night. Now when I get to be the size of a whale, I may be wishing for these days back...

No comments:

Post a Comment