Friday, February 27, 2009

Shout Out to Patrick and Cute Little Kids

Obviously, I don't know what the heck I'm doing when it comes to blogging. Hence the really blurry pictures. Thanks to Patrick Kindregan, computer extraordinaire, for pointing me on the straight and narrow!

On another note, sometimes I'll venture off the baby track if I have a cute or funny story from work. Those of you that know me well, know that I love a random story! My blog will be no different. So the past couple of days I have treated a 4 year old and a 3 1/2 year old. They were so good and so cute, but the 3 year old takes the cake. It really made me hopeful that not all children are hell on wheels when they are in the dentist's chair. Most kids do great when they get their teeth cleaned, but put them in the doctor's chair, and it's a whole 'nother story. There's crying, kicking, screaming, biting...not really the most fun thing to go through for all involved. I know it's scary for them, but you just want them to be still so you can get it over with. Now, laughing gas does wonders for children (for adults, too, but that's another story). Laughing gas takes the edge off and relaxes the kids so you can get in there and do your job and make it as less traumatic for them as possible. One downside to being preggers...I can't give patients laughing gas. So, you can imagine my first thought when I saw I had to do three fillings on a three year old (it was "Oh crap!"). But he was wonderful! He sat in his Mommy's lap and hung his mouth open and gave me a big hug when we were all done. Why can't all kids be that sweet?! Every now and then when I get one like that, it really makes what I do worth it. To give a child that young a great dental experience will hopefully spare them years of being afraid of going to the dentist.

1 comment: