Monday, February 16, 2009

Breaking the News to the Fam

Well, we kept our little secret for twelve days. We wanted to wait until we had our first doctors visit to tell anyone. That was a hard thing to do. Everytime I talked to my family or close friends I wanted to say "Oh...by the way, I'm pregnant."


Our first appointment was on January 23rd, where we had our first ultrasound. They dated the baby as being 5 weeks and 5 days old. That means I found out when I was only 4 weeks along. Gotta love modern technology! We were in the ultrasound room and the tech is moving the thing so fast I can't focus. Then, we saw the heartbeat, kinda. I say kinda because it took me a minute. Cameron saw it immediately and I kinda felt like Rachel on that episode of Friends where she has her first ultrasound..."I don't see it!" But I did see it after a minute. That made it so much more real. Not that I didn't think it was real, but it just hadn't sunk in yet. My next appointment isn't until March 16, which is seems sooooo long to wait!


I immediately called my sister and told her she was going to be an Aunt. She was very surprised and very excited. We had been planning for a while to have my parents and Cameron's parents over for lunch the Sunday after my appointment to tell them. We were fortunate to have a fake reason to have both sets come over. Well, not really "fake" because it was my Mom's birthday. I guess I should say good excuse! We got through most of the meal and then told them we had a new project we were working on (the baby). I swear my Mom almost fell out of her chair. It was pretty humorous. Hugs and tears all around! We spent the rest of the day making the rounds to Cameron's Dad and stepmom and our grandparents. Needless to say, everyone was really excited and really surprised. My husband's mother is convinced it's a girl. I don't have any strong inclinations yet. So far, telling our parents has been the most fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment