Friday, February 13, 2009

Wait...plus means positive, right?!


So, let me just start off by saying I was not expecting to get pregnant so quickly. Now that that disclaimer is out there, you won't be shocked when I say this was a pretty big surprise to us! I was not feeling different...no sickness or anything. On January 11, I just decided to take a pregnancy test. After six positive tests, there was no denying it...I was knocked up (fortunately I know the guy and actually kinda like him a lot!). So, I'm freaking out. I run into the kitchen to let Cameron know that I'm freaking out and show him the test (the first one). His response? "Is that real? Are you serious...is that a joke?!" After I assure him it is, indeed, real, he leaps up and sweeps me into a hug and says that it is good. Of course it's great!! I was just caught a little off-guard.



The next day was my day off, so I made my doctor's appointment, and spent the rest of the morning being lazy and relishing in my newfound Mommy-ness. But, I was surprised when the doorbell rang and opened it to a beautiful bouquet of flowers. What a sweet hubby! Well, we're off to a good start. Hopefully it'll stay that way!

2 comments:

  1. oh, i can totally picture cameron in that southern accent of his saying, "is tha-ut a joke?" awe...he's so cute sweeping you up and all. and the flowers...what a great husband. kudos cameron. :)

    ReplyDelete