Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Little Pig, Little Pig

Reese has become such a little piggy these days! He really likes his rice cereal and is getting to be such a big boy sitting up in his seat (we're still working on the sitting up part). He gets so excited when he sees me mixing up his cereal and as soon as I put some on the spoon and head toward his mouth he opens really wide and leans forward. It's so cute. He usually ends up really messy as evident by the picture! He also knows when he's getting a bottle too. In the mornings I get him up and he's so happy to see Mommy and he lays on his changing table just talking up a storm and kicking his legs. As soon as I go in the den and sit down on the sofa he knows he's about to get fed and he immediately starts whining because I just can't get his bottle in his mouth fast enough. The other day I was giving him his bedtime bottle and grabbed it as I was walking by, Reese on my hip. He saw it, reached for it, and then opened his mouth and leaned torward it! Smart cookie! He's still a little on the small side, I think, but he's definitley filled out more (don't let those chunky cheeks fool ya...he's a squirt!). I'm excited about our well baby check up in a couple of weeks to see how much he's grown. After that, we'll start baby food... I can't wait!
Speaking of little piggies...I have definitely learned my lesson as far as pigging out when pregnant! I will not do it next time. The other day I was checking this little boy in hygiene and as soon as I sat down, his mother looked at me and said "when are you due?". I just kinda looked up at her and laughed and said "oh, I already had him...he's 5 months old. That baby weight is hard to lose!" In her defense, she was mortified. I have made that mistake before and it is really embarrasing. And if that weren't bad enough, this Sunday, I was at my parents' house and my mom asked me if my shirt was new. I told it was and she said she really liked it...she needed to get one...to cover up how fat she had gotten. Really? Thanks, Mom! Motivation, you have kicked me in the butt once again! Let's see if it actually manifests into action...I'm not holding my breath!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie!! I finally had a few to catch up on my blog reading!! Glad to hear everything is going well!!

    ReplyDelete