Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Reese's First Week Home

Well, it's hard to believe that my sweet baby is already over a week old, let alone that we've been home for a week! Motherhood is one of the hardest, most exhausting jobs in the world. But, it is by far the coolest, most rewarding thing I have ever done. I still gaze down in awe at this little human being cradled in my arms and just can't believe Cameron and I made him and he's ours. I truly do not understand how someone can experience the miracle of bringing a new life into this world and not believe in God. Okay...enough of the mushy stuff.

This week has been a difficult one, but my wonderful husband and mother have been key in making it easier. My sister also was able to help out a good bit before she had to move to Jacksonville on Monday. Reese misses her! We are doing great with nursing. Reese seems to be a natural and loves feeding time. He gets so worked up and excited when it's time to eat that he actually starts snorting. He's nursing about every 2.5-3 hours, sometimes he goes between 4 and 5. Luckily those times have been at night. My mom has been spending the night this week since Cameron's gone back to work, so that he's been getting a full night's sleep. It's working out great! I have never seen so much poop come out of one little body, but he's a poop machine. I'm not complaining though because at least it means he's getting the nourishment he needs and that all his systems are working. He's changing so much every day. He doesn't even look like the same baby he was this time last week. And he is truly his mother's child...he sneezes all the time and more than once! Usually three times. It's so cute! We're all still learning but we're making it. I miss getting a good continuous chunk of sleep, but I know it's worth it. My Aunt Prissy told me the other day that when Granny came to stay with her when my cousin Shelly was a baby she gave her some good advice. On a particularly bad day when Shelly wouldn't stop crying, Granny looked at Aunt Prissy and said "this too shall pass". I know the time we have will fly by so I'm gonna try to cherish every moment...even the fussy ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment