Sunday, July 19, 2009

With Friends Like These

I have a small group of girlfriends that I have known pretty much since birth. We all grew up in the same town and went to school together. This was back in the day when Fort Valley actually had young people living there. We have all grown up and gone our separate ways, but we always manage to get together everyone year or two. It has been decidedly more difficult since Erin has moved to Australia, but we do the best we can! Erin came home to visit for a couple of weeks so we all got together both weekends she was home. I'm always amazed that we can pick up right where we left off, no matter how long it has been. One of the Saturdays we were all together, they gave me a "sprinkle". The four of us got together for an afternoon of eating, gossiping, and painting pottery at the Peach Palette downtown. The girls and I all painted something for Reese's nursery. The stuff turned out really cute. They also gave my the Baby Bjorn I registered for. I am so thankful to have these girls as my friends for all these years. Erin will be home again at Christmas. Kind of strange that I'll have a three month old then!

Me, Morgan, Kim, and Erin after a yummy dinner at Bonefish.

No comments:

Post a Comment