Sunday, July 5, 2009

Vacation to St. Simon's Island

I know I have become the worst slacker when it comes to the blog! But, I have been gone for a little while and it's been a really busy week. Excuses aside, I will do better because I figured out how to download pictures myselft and am no longer dependent on the hubby to do it for me!
Father's Day was kinda of a busy one in the Garvin and Mathews households. That was the day we left for vacation to SSI. It's always kind of an ordeal for my family to go anywhere because we are not light packers. We take everything you can possibly imagine from beach necessities down to the garlic salt and cheese knife. And please let me clarify "my family" by saying it is the Mathews part of my family and not the Garvins. However, when I say "we left", I don't mean my father or my son's father...they got left at home. Mom and I headed down to meet my sister (who flew in from Nashville) so we could have some girl time before the boys joined us Tuesday night. Do not despair, though...Cameron had a busy day visiting with his family in Cochran before coming home to spend some time with our furbabies, so he was not left alone. We also had a couple of last minute visitors...my friend Ashlee from over at http://www.acrossthebranch.blogspot.com/ and her precious daughter, Blair, joined us for a couple of days! Ashlee is really my sister's childhood best friend and while Ash and I have always been friends, we've certainly gotten closer with age. It was a joy to see her little girl and get to play with her and hold her. None of us Mathews girls had been able to see Blair before then, so it was a real treat! Needless to say, it was good practice to spend a few nights with an 8 1/2 month old! Dad and Cameron came down on Tuesday night after work, Ashlee and Blair left Wednesday afternoon, and the rest of us stayed till Sunday. It was a great last family vacation before our little addition arrives in a few weeks. I was careful to stay in the shade most of the time, rest when I needed to, and, of course, provide Reese with lots of nutritious vacation food! It's hard to believe that next year at the beach we'll have a 8 or 9 month old.


The view from our balcony at the St. Simon's Grande


Aunt Emmie, Cameron , and I before dinner one night


Cameron and I (with Reese) in front of the SSI Lighthouse...we got engaged on the top May 27, 2006


No comments:

Post a Comment