Sunday, July 19, 2009

31 weeks!

Only 9 weeks to go! I can hardly believe it. Just a disclaimer...this might be kinda long!!
Reese has gotten so much more active the past couple of weeks. He's not so much kicking me a lot as much as he is just rolling around in there. I'll put my hand on my belly and he'll kinda push back against me. He has a more definite pattern to his movement, so he's fallen in to a routine, I guess. Cameron will put his hand on my stomach and Reese just rolls and rolls.
I went to the doctor last week and everything is right on track. He measured my fundal height (from the top of my pubic bone to the top of my uterus) and said I was still measuring ahead. What does this mean, I asked. Oh, just that he'll probably be a big baby. Awesome!! That's what I wanted to hear. Cameron was a rather large baby and I'm trying to push that fact to the back of my brain. I was kinda hoping Reese would be a good average (Cameron weighed 9lbs 4 ozs...I was 6.2). It's probably not looking too good for him to take after his Mommy. I got some fabulous news about my heartburn. I can start taking something stronger now like Zantac or Prilosec. Really all I needed to hear was that I could start taking my Pepcid Complete again (which I have been doing and have had very, very little heartburn). I also told the doctor I was a little concerned about the swelling I'd been having in my legs. It just kinda started happening more in the last few weeks. I've been on my feet more at work because I've been there by myself (my Dad had to be out because my Mom had some pretty major surgery...more on that later) so the swelling was much more noticeable. That wasn't really my concern, though. My concern was that my left leg always seemed to be much more swollen that the right. Just to be safe he ordered me to go back the next day to have a doppler/ultrasound of my legs to make sure I didn't have any clots. That was the biggest ordeal. I had to register in one part of the hospital where they gave me a hospital bracelet to wear (really...I needed a hospital bracelet for an ultrasound?!?). They then sent me to a totally separate building of the hospital for the actual test. I sat in the waiting area for one hour...one hour and I was the only one in the waiting room. When they brought me back, they couldn't find my orders so they had to find them before they could start. The actual test took about 45 minutes. Everything looked fine, though...no clots! Oh, and we hadn't met our deductible for the year yet, so the whole thing was out of pocket. Fabulous! I was glad to do it though for the peace of mind.
I really was starting to get a little worried about our crib and bedding. Cameron called the store where we got the crib and they checked on it and said it should be in this upcoming week. So, we'll probably go pick it up next weekend. The bedding, which was only supposed to take 4-6 weeks probably won't be in until next week, so it will have been over 8 weeks. So maybe by the end of this month we'll have all the pieces to get started on the nursery. I was hoping to have the nursery somewhat ready before my Fort Valley shower. I still may have it painted and the crib put together, but the shower is only two weeks after everything should be in, so it might be kinda tight. We still gotta paint.

So, my Mom had surgery two weeks ago on her stomach. Long story short, she could not digest her food and had to basically have her connection between her stomach and small intestine re-routed. She was under for about 6 hours. It was pretty rough. She was in the hospital for 8 days. So, my dad had to be with her at the hospital and for a couple of days after she got home, so I had to hold down the fort at work. Needless to say we were all very tired by the end of the first week. She is doing much better now and seems to be well on her way to healing. She is happy to be home and getting geared up for her grandson to get here.


30 weeks




31 weeks

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have a blog! You're winding down, now! I'm a few days away from my 3rd trimester, so I'm right there with you. Keep putting your feet up when you can!

    ReplyDelete