Monday, May 4, 2009

Over the Hump

Well, I'm halfway through the pregnancy! I can't believe it has gone by so quickly. I was talking to Cameron last night about how fast it has gone by. I think a big reason it has flown is because, for all intents and purposes, I have felt fine. I feel relatively normal, actually. This pregnancy has truly been a blessing. I never had any nausea or actual "morning" sickness...not even a second of "oh no, I'm gonna puke!" I have not had any food aversions, no heightened sense of smell, no real cravings (yet...I'm still waiting on those to kick in), and my digestive system has remained relatively normal. I have had more noticeable heartburn in the past couple of weeks. But nothing a couple of Tums doesn't help. I did go through a rough patch toward the end of March, early April with my allergies. I'm talking 24/7, I can't breath through my nose. I know that will probably come and go and get worse the further along I am. I try so hard not to complain about those little things because I have had such an easy pregnancy thus far. I hope my sweet little boy will continue to be sweet to me for the rest of the pregnancy and after he is born. I'm still not sure if I'm feeling him yet. I'm not that worried about it. I expect to be certain I'm feeling him any time now!

Cameron and I had a very productive weekend. We went to Atlanta on Saturday to shop for the baby's nursery. We ended up buying a crib! It is so pretty! If I can figure out how to post a picture of it I will. It is a traditional crib from a company called Munire. It is made of solid wood and is very sturdy. We got it in the dark espresso brown finish. The crib is backordered until June, so it wont' be in until early July. But I'm not worried about it! That will still be two months before the baby comes. We also went to Babies R' Us to look at strollers, pack n' play, high chairs, etc. There is no BRU in Macon or Warner Robins, which kinda stinks. We picked out the stroller/infant seat and the pack n' play and pretty much narrowed our choices down on the high chair. I also bought some maternity clothes! Over all, not a bad day's work!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going so well! I bet the pregnancy will continue to go pretty fast until half way through the 3rd trimester! ;) Then it'll be very sloooooooow. Enjoy the speed while it's here!

    Can't wait to see pictures of the crib!

    ReplyDelete