Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cruise With Me, Baby!

Reese is an international traveler before he has even made his debut into this world. Cameron and I went on a cruise last weekend! Cameron's office went, so including us, we had 20 people total (staff and spouses went). It was a lot of fun and I'm very glad we went. We debated going for several days because of all the swine flu broo-ha-ha. But after weighing all the pros and cons, we decided it was silly not to go. We've been back for almost a week and other than a little tiredness, I have felt fine! We drove down to Tampa with Cameron's boss, Dr. Miller and his wife, Maureen. That was the longest car-trip I've taken pregnant. It took us about 5 1/2 hours. I think for all intents and purposes I did really well with it! I wasn't having to stop every 30 minutes to pee or stretch, so that was a nice surprise. We spent a full day at sea and then ported in Grand Cayman. We were originally supposed to go to Cozumel, but the pigs kinda messed that up. But it was fun, none-the-less. We weren't ported very long, but long enough to get off the boat and do some shopping. Of course, the first things we bought were for Reese....such is life now, I guess! After we left Cayman, we spent another day at sea before returning back to Tampa. It really kinda made me want to go on another cruise!

The baby has been moving around so much lately! I feel him throughout the day every day and it is the coolest thing in the world! But even more cool is that Cameron finally felt him last week. I was sitting on the sofa and he was kicking hard, so I yelled at Cameron to come put his hand on my belly and he felft him kick! He's only felt him a couple of times since then, but he tries to feel him everyday and pushes on my belly saying "Kick Mommy, Reese!" It's so cute!

In other news, we got Reese's crib bedding ordered. I am glad to finally get that done. The store we ordered it from was having a sale this weekend, so we just went ahead and did it. My parents gave us a huge present this weekend...our glider! I was so excited to get it. It is the most comfortable chair I have ever put my booty in. It's lime green! That's one of the colors for the nursery. The fabric is a couple of shades of blue, lime green, cream, yellow, and chocolate brown. It's gonna be so cute!

Well, I'll get some updated belly pictures and some cruise pictures posted soon!
Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment