Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Slight Rant

In my excitement of finding out we were having a boy, I totally forgot to rant about my actual appointment. I realize that just about every OBGYN's office is not the most punctual place on the planet, but COME ON!! My ultrasound was scheduled for 10:15 and my doctor's appointment was supposed to be at 11. So, we were there on time and did not get called back for our ultrasound until 10:45. That only took about 15-20 minutes. We didn't get called back for our doctor's appointment until 12:10...we waited in the lobby for over an hour. I was about to eat my hand. That was just torture for a pregnant woman to be kept waiting in the waiting room for over an hour at lunchtime. Granted, I forgot to pack a snack, but still. That was ridiculous. Then, there were no apologies when we did finally get back. How annoying! Being that I work on a schedule, in the health care industry, I know things come up and you can never predict how much a patient is going to ask you or talk your ear off (especially when they are a hormonal pregnant patient) but I was annoyed none-the-less. I think I have a slight anxiety issue when it comes to appointments and being on time. Maybe I should just learn to chill out.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that happened to me a few times. The first appointment after lunch is the best. In my experience, every one of them in that office runs way behind except Dr. L.

    ReplyDelete