Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mildred Elizabeth Kendrick Mathews


My 96 year old Granny passed away this weekend. It's been a very fast and sad week. She had a stroke this past Tuesday and her poor little body had just had enough by early Saturday morning. She was a wonderful, spirited, witty, independent woman and we will miss her dearly. I'm sad that she'd gone, but I'm not sorry because she had such a great life. She got to go places and do things that most people can only dream about. Although she will not get to meet the baby, the baby will know about her and she did get to know that she was going to have another great-grandchild. She and my Papa will be smiling down from Heaven watching over us as we bring our child into the world. I love you, Granny!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your Granny. I know you were close to her. She must be where you got some of your spunk from!! I'm sure she was awesome. Thinking of you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this made me cry. I lost my Bigdaddy when I was pregnant and it just breaks your heart to see the circle of life right before your eyes. I wish I could give you a hug. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete