Monday, April 20, 2009

It's a Boy!!

In case you missed the color change...we're having a boy!! It is very obvious from the ultrasound. I am very excited and a little nervous at the same time. Boys are not very prominent in my family. I come from a family of one sister, five girl cousins, and one boy cousin. So, this is going to be kinda uncharted territory for my family. However, Cameron's side is brimming with males, so it'll be old hand for them! I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this whole thing. I think it may take us a little while to start referring to the baby as "he" and "him". It's so awesome that we can now! We saw his heart beating and all his body parts. He has grown so much since our last ultrasound!

On a technical note, I will have to have another ultrasound in a couple of months, which is not really routine. My placenta is measuring very close to my cervix which can be a concern nearer to delivery if it doesn't move away. It is very early still, so it most likely will move away and be fine. The only way to know is by ultrasound. I'm not worried about it...I'll just take it as another opportunity to see the baby!

I promise I'm gonna get some pictures posted soon...really I am!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so excited for you two! A boy will be an fun change for your family!

    ReplyDelete