Monday, April 13, 2009

Finally Giving In...

Well, Saturday I finally broke down and bought my first pair of maternity pants. They are cute jean capris from Target. I also bought a cheap maternity shirt from Ross. Not only did I buy the pants, but I actually wore them yesterday. So, my question is why the heck have I been fighting this transition for so long? Maternity pants are awesome!! They are so comfortable. I have been wearing my "fat" pants unbuttoned with a Bella Band over them, but that was just getting too uncomfortable. I think I actually kinda look pregnant in the maternity pants instead of just "thicker" because they don't dig into my stomach like my regular pants do. Yes, I have gained weight, but I am starting to show a little bit (I promise I'll get some pictures posted soon...that's gonna be the hubby project today, although he doesn't know it, yet). After I got home Saturday from my morning/afternoon of shopping, I proceeded to have a fashion show for Cameron of all the clothes I borrowed from Ashlee. I cannot believe how many shirts I have to wear now. It's wonderful! Now I want to go shopping for more stuff. I think this weekend has been the first time I really feel pregnant. I still haven't felt the baby move, but I think it could happen any time now.

Saturday night I went to dinner with my girlfriends, Kim and Morgan. We've known each other basically since we were born, but we don't get to see each other too often. The missing part, Erin, is all the way on the other side of the world in Australia. But hopefully she's coming home for more than a visit soon (right, Erin!?!). We had a great time catching up and being silly. I felt kinda sorry for our waitress because we were there for 2 hours, but she was very nice and didn't seem to mind too much. Can't wait till next time!

On another note, Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband, Cameron. He is just such a blessing to me and I love him more and more everyday. He has been so sweet and protective of me during this pregnancy. I mean he's always sweet and protective, but he has gone above and beyond lately. He's spoiling me rotten, but that's okay...I kinda like it!

1 comment:

  1. Funny!! After I finally had Mason, I had to make sure to remember to zip and button my pants since most of my maternity pants didn't have zips or buttons!! I am excited that you are having a boy!! - Diana

    ReplyDelete