Wednesday, February 10, 2010

50 Years

This past weekend we celebrated Cameron's grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. Their actual anniversary is tomorrow, but they didn't want to have the party Valentine's weekend (who can blame them?!) They got married in 1960 when they were just teenagers and never looked back! 50 years is such an accomplishment and a rarity, I think, in today's society. Cameron laughed and said he probably wouldn't live long enough for us to be married 50 years. I told him that he'd only be 76 years old...that's not really old. It's old, but not really old. But, I do have a skewed sense of what is old. My grandmother (on my dad's side) and great-grandmother (on my mom's side) were both 96 when they died. And my dad's dad was 87 when he died. And 76 is only 6 years older than Cameron's grandfather, so really, it's not that old. It kinda makes me sad when Cameron says stuff like that. But I digress...
The afternoon was a lovely time and people thought Reese was so cute (because, duh! He is!). He missed most of his naps during the day and despite that he was a perfect angel all day! People kept commenting that they were amazed they hadn't heard a peep out of him all day. He got passed around, too, but he was loving the attention! He conked out in the car and slept pretty good that night. READ: no crying for half an hour at 4:30am. I, unfortunately, didn't take that many pictures with my camera, but I do have a really cute one of Grandaddy and Reese. He was so cute because I took Reese over to say hello when they got to Cameron's parents' house and he just scooped him up immediately and walked around with him for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment