Sunday, August 1, 2010

Reese's First Dental Convention

Last weekend we ventured to the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island for the Annual Meeting of the Georgia Dental Association. I feel certain this will be the first of many for Reese. I grew up going to these as long as I can remember. It was always so much fun because I got to see the same people every year, so we kinda grew up together. Now a few of us are dentists and still going and now are bringing our kids. We got to see some friends we haven't seen in a while, so that was nice. I was surprised with how many people that we went to school with (but not necessarily in our class) have kids close to Reese's age. In a few years they are all going to have so much fun together!! The idea of the convention is to provide CE courses, vendor exhibits, and functions for socializing. We are also well informed, through various meetings, of the goings on of the GDA and what they are doing for practice of dentistry.

Reese did a little better this time with the trip. He slept better in the car, but still whined when he was awake. He's just so busy and gets soooo bored. He still did not care for the sand or the ocean. But that's okay...we stayed in the shade most of the time and got in the pool several times. He did great keeping on schedule most of the time. Most days he would nap on the beach or by the pool for at least one nap. Someone gave us the genius idea of putting his pack n' play in the bathroom so we could shut the door and be able to have the lights on and watch TV. It worked beautifully!! He did wake up and cry a couple of nights, but overall he did well. Maybe when we go to the beach for a week next week he'll be a pro! And he got his first freckle! The kid didn't stand a chance to not be freckled...picture of that to come!




What is this place Daddy?!



Mmm...cardboard just tastes better at the Ritz!
Just chillin' with Mommy one evening

I know this is dark, but I loooove the expression on Reese's face!

6 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! When I take Blair to Atlanta or anywhere else far off, I have a HUGE bag of books and hand-held toys in the front seat -- like her little computer, see and say, and laugh and learn pig. I hand them to her one by one to keep her occupied. She hands them back to me when she gets done! It works for the most part -- as Reese gets older, maybe that will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a-freaking-adorable! he's getting sooooo big! soon a dvd player will come in handy on those trips. and also fun food snacks that are new and those that are tried and true. just keep the snacks coming. sometimes on super long trips (9+ hours) i give zach benadryl to help him take a nap. on those trips he will only take like a 30 min nap all day which is miserable. can't wait to see the freckle. even my boys have them. cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe. she's super cute! :) i was about to suggest the same thing as carmen- the DVD player was a life saver for ava when she was younger and we did long trips back home from florida!

    the pic of you and him- it's so crazy how i can see you and cameron in him so clearly. so cool.

    where's that freckle?! ava has several across her nose and cheeks. i have a feeling reese will be the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's adorable! This reminded me of my boy Sean. I brought him to our dental convention last year, and he enjoyed the beach a lot. He also enjoyed playing with other kids in the convention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That boy looks so cute! I think you have an aspiring dentist in him, like his dad or mom? Well anyway, that beach is a nice place to relax with its beautiful view of the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Fred. I think your child would become a dentist someday like her mom. You just have to make him feel comfortable when going to the dentist, which could inspire him to become one, I guarantee it! So, how is he now? I bet he’s all grown up by now.

    ReplyDelete